Get help to find a job
WISH employment support clubs
WISH clubs are employment support hubs run for the Council by SETAS and effectively provide the same type of support as the Council’s Journey to Work programme, but in a more social and group setting. The good thing about WISH is that anyone aged 18 and over can drop in to discuss their situation, in confidence, and be assured of a warm and sensitive reception from coordinator Richard Brooks and his team. WISH clubs offer:
- Group work sessions, such as CV and cover-letting writing and application form advice
- Connections with local employers and signposting to services across the district
- Workshops on interview skills, confidence and motivation building
- Free access to computers and internet, with on-hand support for those who need it
- Specialist one-to-one advice and guidance if required
Find your local WISH club session
WISH clubs are now available at the following venues:
Horsham Jobcentre Plus (East Street) - Every Monday afternoon (1pm to 4pm)
Billingshurst - Billingshurst Centre (Roman Way) - Tuesday 10am to 1pm - 3 September to 8 October; 26 November to 7 January; 25 February to 31 March; 19 May to 23 June.
Southwater - The Lintot pub (upstairs) - Lintot Square - Tuesday 2pm to 5pm - dates same as Billingshurst.
Storrington - Storrington and Sullington Parish Hall (Thakeham Road) - Tuesday 10am to 1pm - 15 October to 19 November; 14 January to 18 February; 7 April to 12 May; 30 June to 28 July.
Henfield - Henfield Hall (Coopers Way) - Tuesday 2pm to 5pm - dates same as Storrington.