Get help to find a job
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: Following government guidance, all WISH clubs have been cancelled with immediate effect and until further notice. However, WISH is still providing remote support to those who need it. Please call Richard on 07783 222956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find support on the Journey to Work page. Currently WISH and J2W are working together to support unemployed Horsham District residents or anyone one that needs advice about employment.
For weekly WISH bulletins with loads of great tips and advice about getting ready for work, keeping active and mentally well and finding that all important job, visit the SETAS website and view the WISH bulletins.
WISH employment support clubs
WISH clubs are employment support hubs run for the Council by SETAS and effectively provide the same type of support as the Council’s Journey to Work programme, but in a more social and group setting. The good thing about WISH is that anyone aged 18 and over can drop in to discuss their situation, in confidence, and be assured of a warm and sensitive reception from coordinator Richard Brooks and his team. WISH clubs offer:
- Group work sessions, such as CV and cover-letting writing and application form advice
- Connections with local employers and signposting to services across the district
- Workshops on interview skills, confidence and motivation building
- Free access to computers and internet, with on-hand support for those who need it
- Specialist one-to-one advice and guidance if required