Event licences

There are currently restrictions in place that affect event planning. Please check our Coronavirus: Guidance for planning an event page for the latest updates.

Non-profit activity licence

An Events/Activity licence is required for non-commercial activities that involve placing something on the highway or the Town Centre Bandstand. Examples include:

  • Charities or non-profits that require the use of a table, chair or gazebo for a charity of information event
  • Charities or non-profits that require a vehicle to be parked in the town centre to be used as an information centre
  • A musical performance or entertainment on the Town Centre Bandstand

Apply for a non-profit activity licence

To apply for an Events/Activity licence online, please complete the following steps:

  • Read the licence conditions
  • Fill in our online application form
  • Print the form, along with public liability to the sum of £5million and a risk assessment
  • Return the documents to Public Health & Licensing,  Horsham District Council, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 1RL

Apply online

We must process your application before the licence can be granted. This means Tacit Consent does not apply. If you have not heard from Horsham District Council within a reasonable period, please contact us.  Please submit your application no less than 28 days prior to the date of the proposed event.