If your premises licence has been lost or stolen you can apply for a replacement summary. There is a fee of £10.50 for this service.
In this section
Apply for a premises licence
A premises licence allows the holder to use a specific premises for licensable activities, including the sale and supply of alcohol, regulated entertainment (such as live performances and film screenings) and the provision of late-night refreshment (between 11pm and 5am).
To apply for a premises licence you must:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have a plan of your premises, an idea of how many people will be attending and an operating schedule
To apply for a new premises licence, you need to complete the following steps:
- Read our premises licence guidance and application notes. These include conditions of the licence and guidance notes about the application form
- Calculate your licence fee using our Fees table below
- Fill out our Premises licence online form and print it. At this stage you can also choose to pay your fee online
- Fill out our Designated Premises Supervisor form and print it. Please note, if you are named as a Designated Premises Supervisor on a premises licence application, you will also need a personal licence
- Return both forms to us along with a plan of the premises. If you haven’t paid online, please include a cheque with the appropriate fee
- Send copies of the forms to the authorities on our Responsible Authorities list
Once you have applied you must advertise your application in a newspaper and your window. For guidance on the signage, check the application notes.
Premises licence fees
|Non-domestic rateable value||0-£4,300||£4,301-£33,000||£33,001-£87,000||£87,001-£125,000||£125,000+|
|New application and variation||£100||£190||£315||£450||£635|
|Multiplier applied to premises used exclusively or primarily for the supply of alcohol for consumption on premises||N/A||N/A||N/A||x2 (£900)||x3 (£1,905)|
|Annual charge multiplier applied to premises used exclusively or primarily for the supply of alcohol for consumption on premises||N/A||N/A||N/A||x2 (£640)||x3 (1,050)|
*There are additional fees for premises licence applications, and the annual fee for exceptionally large scale events (5,000+), unless certain conditions apply. Please read Regulation 4(4) and 4(5) of The Licensing Act 2003 (Fees) Regulations 2005
|Number in attendance at any one time||Additional premises licence fee||Additional annual fee if applicable|
|90,000 and over||£64,000||£32,000|
Register your interest
If you are a freeholder or leaseholder of a building, you can register your interest in the premises for £21 to become entitled to notifications about licensing matters relating to your property.
To register your interest, fill in our Notification of Interest form
Yes. An application for a provisional statement where a premises is being built costs £315.