Private hire licences
In this section
Apply for a private hire operator licence
Anyone who wants to accept private hire bookings must be licensed as a private hire operator. By using a licensed operator, passengers can have confidence that the driver and vehicle are also licensed by us.
A private hire operator must:
- Ensure that vehicles attend their appointments on time
- Keep a clean, adequately heated, ventilated premises for booking or waiting
- Ensure the waiting area has adequate seating
- Ensure telephone facilities and radios are maintained
- Keep records of all bookings for a minimum of 12 months
The prices for private hire operator licences vary depending on the number of vehicles you have on your register. The prices below are valid until 31 March 2020.
|Number of vehicles||One year licence||Five year licence|
|Up to 1||£199||£846|
View the full terms and conditions, then fill out the below form and print sign and return it together with the required payment.