In this section
Horsham on-street parking permits
On-street parking permits for roads within the Horsham Controlled Parking Zone are available for residents, non-residents, visitors and healthcare workers who wish to park there. Reduced prices are available for low emissions vehicles.
Zone boundaries and hours operation
View the zone boundaries on the map below. The purple areas on the map indicate Pay and Display parking bays.
Zone A (Yellow)
- 9am–9pm Monday-Saturday
Zone B (Green)
- 10am-12pm Monday-Saturday
Zone C (Pink)
- 2pm-4pm Monday-Saturday
Zone D (Blue)
- 8am-10am Monday-Saturday
Zone E (Orange)
- 10am-12pm Monday-Saturday
Zone F (Brown)
- 2pm – 4pm Monday Saturday
- First resident permit: £46 for one year, £25 for six months
- First resident permit, low emissions vehicle: £34 for one year, £19 for six months
- Additional resident permit: £92 for one year, £50 for six months
- Additional resident permit, low emissions vehicle: £68 for one year, £38 for six months
- First Disabled resident permit: Free
Visitor and non-resident permits
- Visitor permits: 45p for a 2 hour permit; £2.70 for a day permit; £16.20 for a week permit
- Non-resident permits: £282 for one year; £149 for six months
- Non-resident permit, low emissions vehicle: £211 for one year; £111 for six months
Buy a permit
Buy a resident permit
To buy a resident permit for a road within the Horsham Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) you need to complete the following steps:
- Check which zone the road is in using the map below
- Read the terms and conditions of the on-street parking permit
- Fill out the online form
- Click Print. The form will be generated as a PDF and you can at this stage either print it out to post to us, or download the PDF to email to us.
- Return your form, payment, a copy of proof of vehicle ownership (eg insurance document, V5C vehicle registration certificate, or company letter if vehicle owned by employer) and a copy of proof of address (eg utility bill, council tax bill, rental agreement or mortgage statement) to Parking Services Team, Horsham District Council, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 1RL. You can also email attachments of these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are applying for Zone A, B, C, D, E or F by post, please include payment made out to Horsham District Council. We can also take payment over the phone.
Buy a visitor permit
There are two types of visitor permit: two-hour permits and daily permits. Visitor permits are to be used by genuine visitors, not commuters, local staff or business owners.
- Two-hour permits cost 45p each and are valid for two hours. You can buy a book of ten for £4.50
- Daily permits cost £2.70 each and are valid all day. You can buy a book of five for £13.50
To purchase visitor permits, please call us on 01403 215379 and they can be sent out.
If buying on behalf of a resident, please provide a current utility bill and letter of authority from the resident.
Visitor permits should only be used by visitors to residents living within the resident parking zone. Visitors can of course also use pay and display machines.
Apply for a non-resident permit
Non-resident permits are available in very limited numbers for £282 each per year or £149 for six months. If your vehicle is low emission, you can buy a one-year non-resident permit for £211 or a six month one for £111.
Please email Parking Services at email@example.com to check availability before you apply.
Excluded properties in Horsham parking zones
Zone A: Alden Court, Barnes Mews, Burtons Court, Hewells Court, Pelham Court, Bishopric Court, Waverley Court, Barrington Court, King’s Gate, Rhodes Court, Farriers Court, Linden House, Holmes Park, Precision Court, Home Farm House, Portland Yard Bishopric, The Paperyard Albion Way/Worthing Road
Zone B: Springfield Park Gate
Zone C: Hurst Park
Zone D: Cotswold Court, Dorset Court, Kent Court, Hampshire Court, Surrey Court, Standings Court, 187-195 New Street, Oaklands, Rangers Lodge, Winterton Square, Century House Station Road
Zone E: East Gate Mews, Parade Court, Cherry Court Brighton Road, Owen Court (visitor permits only), The Gorings Gorings Mead