What goes in your household bins
General waste bin
Your green-top bin is for non-recyclable household waste only. Please try to recycle as much as you can. More information and tips to recycle more can be found on our Recycling pages.
The most common items in the general waste bin are:
- Cooked food waste
- Dog waste
- Non-recyclable packaging
Please do not leave excess (side) waste next to your bin as this will not be collected.
Please do not put the following in your household waste bin. Use the links below to find out more information on responsible disposal of these items:
- Hazardous waste, including fire extinguishers, asbestos and electrical items. Take these to a Recycling Centre
- Medical waste, including syringes and stoma bags. You will need to arrange a clinical waste collection for these
- Business waste. If you have waste as a result of your business, you will need to dispose of it separately. One option is to sign up to our business waste service
- DIY waste, including bricks and rubble. Dispose of DIY waste easily and cheaply with our Bulky Bag
- Garden waste. If you have garden waste to dispose of, please take it to a Recycling Centre or sign up to our garden waste collection service
- Large items, including appliances. We offer a large item collection service